Regular teeth cleaning is considered a necessary part of good oral hygiene. The technical term for this procedure is called dental prophylaxis, which is basically a cleaning treatment for teeth and gums administered by a professional. This is also a way to prevent periodontal disease. Ashley Dental conducts thorough teeth cleaning on patients and that provides dental prophylaxis with the following benefits:
- Removal of plaque – A buildup of tartar and plaque is unavoidable, even with regular brushing and flossing. Only an experienced dentist equipped with professional equipment can remove all that buildup.
- Reduces chance of tooth decay – Regular teeth cleanings help the fight against cavities and is a preventive form of oral hygiene. Every tooth cleaning conducted at a dentist’s office is one step closer to eliminating your chances at getting a cavity.
- Bright teeth – Daily eating and drinking can stain teeth over the course of time. Brushing only gets your teeth so white, but professional teeth cleaning will really brighten your smile. Stain removal is one more benefit of prophylaxis.
- Fresh breath – Halitosis, also known as bad breath, is a product of periodontal disease. A buildup of bacteria can eventually lead to an infection, but prior to that, it can lead to a case of some pretty bad breath.
- Improved health – It is a fact that the health of your mouth impacts the rest of your body. Gum disease can result in inflammation and that can lead to the hardening of your arteries, which could eventually cause a heart attack or even a stroke in some instances.
Ashley Dental offers complete teeth cleaning service and sends out regular reminders to patients so that they can maintain the integrity of their teeth. Patients are recommended to undergo a teeth cleaning every six months.
Our dental teeth cleanings do not last too long and can usually be completed in about 30 minutes. That may last longer in instances where plaque buildup is severe. Our friendly and helpful staff will make sure your time at Ashley Dental is stress free as our goal is to provide top-quality dental service combined with excellent customer service.
Teeth cleaning at Ashley Dental includes expert advice on how to care for your teeth. Our staff provides regular teeth cleaning service, but we also strive to help each patient care for their teeth the best way possible between their regular dentist visits. For complete teeth cleaning in Charleston, SC, contact Ashley Dental today.